A simple touch to control the appliance's on/off LED backlight indicates the on/off status,simple and easy to understand.
(provide sales & service for same)
- Automates change management (adds, movies and changes) documentation thereby saving a lot of time for network maintenance professionals.
- Administrators are notified immediately in case of any connection issues/ problems.
- Real time location information of all the devices, including the ones causing network trouble, can be tracked.
- Since the network administrator has a clear view of his entire network, Intelligent patch panels can improve visibility and enable fuller usage of network assets.
- The network administrator can have complete visibility of not only his local network but also his networks in remote locations (where these intelligent patch panels are used) through the management software over Internet (VPN) / WAN connections.
- Intelligent patch panels are available to monitor both copper cabling and fiber cabling infrastructure connected to them.
- Intelligent patch panels need to be from a single vendor to provide centralized management via their monitoring software but can interface with network management software / other monitoring tools through standards based technologies like SNMP, etc. Some of them even provide an API – Application Programming Interface.
- Helps identify network topology and trace cable routes throughout the network.
- Identifies the type of network device connected to each port and provides connectivity reports. Some of them can even identify the IP address and MAC address of the devices connected to each port and automatically maintain a comprehensive database.
- Rack View and Circuit Traces are represented visually either on a computer monitor on the monitoring station (or) in the built-in LCD display panels on some of these intelligent patch panels. One can visually see all the individual ports and their connectivity information.